How To Format the Perfect Blog
Many bloggers go to work writing, writing, writing. But they fail to remember to make the content visually appealing and easy to scan. We need to include a basic format to make the content easy to read. Image to the Left. Look familiar? Would you want to read on?
Let’s get started.
- First, Create an SEO Friendly headline. And refer to the On-Page SEO Checklist for more details.
- Have only one Header 1 title. Use your best keyword phrase as the Main Title.
- Have 5-6 Header 2 subtitles.
- Write 2-3 sentences per paragraph. Use appropriate subtitles to provide an overview of the content.
- Create a Call-to-Action in the middle and near the end of the post. Make them count; get email signup for newsletter so you can nurture them into a client. Provide a ebook download to offer value.
- Insert at least 1 hero image or video
- Create Alt tags for images using your best searched keywords and the name of the company for whom you are writing.
- Create at least 2 internal links to complimentary pages or pages you want to boost ranking for in search engines.
- Create an external link to a high authority website. One that is very popular AND well regarded. (no hacker or porn sites)
- Make sure hyperlinks and images Open in A New Tab.
- Have social media buttons so visitors can share to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
The second image to the left shows what a blog strengthened with blog best practices and search engine optimization looks like. The goal is to use WordPress SEO tactics. What’s good? Check the Readability and SEO. The Goal is for Readability to be Good. Define Good! The copy score for this blog scores 78.2% which is fairly easy to read. The goal is to be 65% or higher.
A free resource to help you obtain search engine optimization best practices is to install the SEO for Yoast plugin for WordPress. If you are unsure how to install this plugin, feel free to contact Carol at Hit-the-Web Marketing by calling 781.996.9163
Find out how every one of your blog articles can convert. We periodically run a 3 hour workshop to show how this is done. Let us know when might be good for your to attend.
Normally $139. The workshop is $99. Now starting at $55 per month.
You’ll learn How to Write the Perfect Blog and How to Apply On-Page SEO for 2017. Learn this once and you can apply it many times over. Worth $1000’s.
Coming Soon! Get organized and plan your content marketing strategy. Download our 2017 Content Marketing Calendar.
and learn how to use it.